Northwest Local Schools District News
Welcome to Northwest Local School, Home of the Mohawks "Preparing students to meet the academic, social, civic and career needs for a global society."
Welcome to the Northwest web site!! The staff and students here at NW are working hard and making progress in all buildings. We are committed to providing the best education we can for our students and appreciate the chance to work with them and watch their growth academically. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the first Public Forum on Academics. This is a chance for us to meet and discuss where we are academically and for me to share with you our plans to improve. If you would like to join us for this discussion, please attend on December 14, 2016 at 4:30 in the high school library. This will be just before the monthly board meeting.
Hello Fellow Mohawks
In an effort to share information with you on whom and how to contact us if you have a question or concern, we would ask that you use the following guidelines when contacting the district.
Question/concern for a staff member;
· Elementary School – Mr. Scott Martin (740) 259-2250· Middle School – Mr. Greg Tipton (740) 259-2528· High School – Mr. Rick Scarberry (740) 259-2366· Administrative Office (740) 259-5558Question / concern regarding sports
· High school sports – (740) 259-2366· Middle school sports – (740) 259-2528· Athletic Director – Mr. Dave Frantz (740) 259-8545
Needing to share medical information with the school
· Elementary School clinic – (740) 259-2250 extension: 3306· Middle School clinic – (740) 259-2528 extension: 2102· High School clinic – (740) 259-2366 extension: 1348Guidance office:
· Elementary School – Mrs. Shannon (740) 259-2250 extension: 3318· Middle School – Mr. Cunningham (740) 259-2528 extension: 2111· High School – Mr. Amburgey (740) 259-2366 extension: 1305· High School – Mr. Jenkins (740) 259-2366 extension: 1306
The Northwest Board of Education met for their Regular Meeting on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the Northwest High School Media Center. The Board approved the following resolutions:
-Minutes of the Regular meeting on October 13, 2016.-Reports-Transfers from General Fund to Bond Retirement Fund.-Payment of Boyle Mechanical purchase order.-Volunteers for the 2016-2017 school year-Board Policies-Change of contract for certified personnel.-Board policy updates from Neola.-Substitute teachers for 2016-2017 school year.-Education Station personnel for 2016-2017 school year-Classified substitute personnel-Resignations of supplemental personnel-Supplemental personnel for 2016-2017 school year.
The next regular board meeting will be held on December 14, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the Northwest High School Media Center.
For further information please call the Northwest Administrative Office at (740) 259-5558.
Roby Bach was a retired principal and teacher from Northwest Local Schools. He loved volunteering in the schools and helping kids. He passed away suddenly on December 25, 2015. We would like to encourage all Northwest staff to support the Roby Bach Memorial Scholarship Fund. Mr. Bach was truely a positive force in his personal and professional life. He was always there to help anyone in need. The money generated for this scholarship will directly help a male and female student from Northwest and New Boston. I know that Mr. Bach would appreciate this generosity directed toward students!
Memorial contributions may be made to the Roby Bach Memorial Scholarship Fund at any US Bank Branch.
The Ohio Department of Health mandates the immunizations necessary for students attending school in Ohio. Meningococcal (MCV4) vaccine is a NEW required vaccine for 12 grade students attending Ohio schools starting in the Fall of 2016. This updated information impacts our current 11th Grade Students.
• 2 Doses of the meningococcal vaccine must be administered prior to entry to Grade 12. The recommended MCV4 minimum interval is at least 8 weeks between dose one (1) and dose two (2). If the first (1st) dose of MCV4 was administered on or after the 16th Birthday, a second (2nd) dose is not required.
Page 1 of 2
Northwest Local Schools800 Mohawk DriveMcDermott, OH 45652Phone (740) 259-2366Fax (740) 259-3476
© 2012 Northwest Local School District.
All rights reserved. Powered by Rockettheme.
Edited and Updated by Northwest Webmasters
MissionAbout UsContact WebMasterSite MapContact Administration